Nov 01, 2020
Register now for SafetyFOCUS 2021 to secure your spot at this 10-day live virtual learning experience.
Jan 01, 2021
ASSP’s annual member referral program returns in 2021.
Share the resources ASSP offers with colleagues by using the Refer-A-Friend e-mail tool or by directing potential members to the ASSP website to encourage them to join the Society.
The National Capital Chapter of ASSP actively acknowledges the contributions of its members. The Chapter Safety Professional of the Year (SPY) award is an honor acknowledging the dedication and outstanding contributions of a member to our Chapter. Each year one member is identified through membership nominations.
To be eligible nominees must:
1. Be a Professional Member or Member in good standing of their Chapter and the Society.
2. Not have received this award within the past five (5) years.
3. Be engaged in full-time employment in the profession of protecting people, property and the environment.
Nominees are not eligible if they are currently serving as a member of the Board of Directors or the Chapter Awards Committee, or have been elected an ASSP fellow.
All nominations must be submitted to the Chapter by February 1st.
1. The nominee’s most recent three (3) years of activities will be considered as a minimum.
2. Demonstrated technical expertise in the broad field of safety and a thorough knowledge of the operational aspects of his/her safety employment.
3. Demonstrated outstanding contributions to the, Chapter or Section, activities, including committee or task force chair, officer, services to members, lecturer at seminars, etc.
4. Leadership in establishment, maintenance, and improvement of technical or Chapter programs in the organization nominee serves or elsewhere.
5. Other personal achievements related to safety and health.
6. Professional contributions to advance the safety profession, such as fostering professional development, public/community services, instructor at educational institutions, involvement in codes and legislation, articles written, work with allied groups, etc.
7. Awards and innovations, including citations, honors, plaques; or new procedures or systems developed.
8. Endorsements by superiors and verifications by associates, in the form of letters on appropriate stationery of the employer, Area Director, where applicable and Regional Vice President.
Nov 01, 2020
There is still time to submit applications for academic scholarships and professional development grants from ASSP Foundation through Dec. 1, 2020, for its annual disbursement of financial awards in 2021.
Nov 01, 2020
ASSP’s annual Future Safety Leaders Conference has shifted from a 2-day in-person event to a series of virtual programs. Programming is available starting Nov. 5, 2020.