ADP is hiring a Safety Specialist III. He/She provides loss control and workplace safety consultation and OSHA compliance guidance to clients of varying sizes and complexities. The Safety Specialist has a safety orientation and requires a strong understanding of OSHA compliance requirements on a state and federal level. This person creates safety programs, provides recommendations to improve safety efforts and assists clients with OSHA compliance. Routinely assists clients with guidance on accident investigation protocols, loss analysis and virtual safety awareness training to increase product/service penetration and client retention. In addition, they will provide Service Excellence and work collaboratively with Client Service and Sales.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
THIS POSITION WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK FROM HOME IN THE DC METRO AREA
- Client Assessment: Provides telephonic and in person safety consultation services to clients throughout the US by conducting client interviews to determine hazards and exposures associated with client business operations. Evaluates effectiveness of client’s controls of the hazards and exposures associated with the client’s operations.
- Service Plans: Provides client with guidance on applicable OSHA regulations and requirements for compliance. Creates and provides written recommendations to clients that suggest controls of workplace related safety hazards and exposures. Assists client with the implementation of plans.
- Training: Develops, modifies and delivers client training programs. Conducts live-web-based safety awareness training using WebEx tools
- Documents the results of all client interactions using Client Relationship Management tools in accordance with Risk department guidelines. Customizes the Risk & Safety model for individual clients and produces safety manuals.
- Provides proactive support to the ASO sales leaders to assist with providing training to new and tenured District Managers detailing the client services offered by the Safety and Loss Prevention Hotline. Provides reactive support to ASO sales when discussing specific services with prospects.
- Interface with internal associates including the General Manager, VP of Client Services, Client Retention Executive, Finance Executive, Director of Marketing, and Client Relationship Executives to assist with specific client issues directly related to Safety and Loss Prevention client services.
- Participate in special projects assigned by Director of Loss Control or designee
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 5-10 years of practical loss control experience as Loss Control Representative working for an insurance carrier, other insurance-related business or Professional Employer Organization (PEO) or Administrative Service Offering (ASO).
- Appropriate job experience in an industrial setting as a safety professional may be substituted for Loss Control Representative work for an insurance carrier, other insurance-related business, or PEO/ASO experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Risk Management or related field preferred.
- Current Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional( CSP), Associate Risk Management (ARM) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
- Post graduate education in risk management, engineering, safety, or industrial health discipline maybe substituted for experience requirements
- Must have the ability to use the internet as a research tool. Also must be flexible when using internet based tools to provide client information and consultation.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations is required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and web-based software applications.
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
GMU Laboratory Safety Technician
Posted: Jan 17, 2020
Laboratory Safety Technician
The George Mason University Environmental Health and Safety Office—within the department of Safety, Emergency, & Enterprise Risk Management—is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual for a Laboratory Safety Technician position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The position will support the Environmental Health and Safety Office in laboratory safety operations. This position will be required to conduct routine waste collection, supply inventory, equipment testing, inspection functions, and maintain records associated with these duties. Work to be performed requires basic training in the regulations of the Department of Environmental Quality, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and the Department of Transportation. This position will also be required to escort and assist contractors conducting work on campus.
The incumbent has dual work locations at the Fairfax and Science and Technology campuses, based upon workload as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Knowledge of computer applications including but not limited to: word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, image processing, and databases;
- Ability to maintain accurate and organized records of tests and inspections of safety equipment;
- Ability to maintain accurate inventories of safety equipment;
- Knowledge of safety related terminology;
- Knowledge of laboratory hazards;
- Ability to communicate with staff and faculty with all levels of education;
- Ability to self-motivate and complete tasks without supervision;
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team to solve safety issues;
- Ability to work well with coworkers;
- Ability to independently and safely move 40 pounds; and bend, crawl, and kneel;
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work flexible schedules and after hours when needed;
- Ability to pass a Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) medical clearance exam.
- 24 or 40 hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certification, or must have the ability to obtain within six months of hire;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Employee must live within 25 miles of the Fairfax campus or the Science and Technology campus;
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, industrial hygiene, or a related area (engineering, safety science, environmental Science, etc) or an equivalent level of training and experience;
- Experience working in laboratory safety;
- Experience working at an academic/higher education or private research environment;
- DOT Hazmat General and Security Awareness certification;
- CPR and First Aid certification.
Posted: Jan 15, 2020
- Description: The project involves the digging and excavation of underground tanks and then replacing them with new ones. This is an 18 month project with 15 months remaining. The location is in Alexandria, VA right by the train yard off of Eisenhower Drive
- Experience: Qualified Candidates will have 5+ years of safety experience. They should have relevant project experience with excavation, digging or subsurface utilities. They will be running safety oversight and management for the project. Certifications:
- OSHA 30
- OSHA 510 (Preferred but not required)
Posted: Jan 15, 2020
- Description: The project is a restructure of the roadway/bridge outside the terminal at Dulles Airport. Our client is partnering with MWAA on this project. The safety engineer will be overseeing 30 employees on site at the Dulles Airport and will be following AACSM authority. The project sites will be right outside the terminal and will tentatively be night work (8PM – 4 AM). They will be enforcing and reminding employees of OSHA and MWAA rules, as well as implementing rules and regulations.
- Experience: Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of safety experience. Airport project experience is preferred but not required. Other Certifications:
- Crane Experience
- Fall Protection
- MOT (Virginia Intermediate MOT Trained)
- OSHA 30
- OSHA 510 (preferred but not required)
Loss Control/Risk Management Engineer
Posted: Jan 14, 2020
The skills we are seeking includes, 3+ years of insurance loss control/risk engineering experience. Candidate should be able to work independently from home. Travel is about 20%.
The candidate would be responsible for surveys, inspections and continuing consultative services in Northern VA and DC. Communicate with risk managers, brokers and internal underwriting team members. The classes of insureds includes contractors, manufacturing, real estate, and several others.
Company offers salary, company car, and pension.
For more information forward inquiries to: