Hawkeye Safety is rapidly expanding and currently seeking exceptional construction safety professionals to join our team. We offer full-time and part-time employment with competitive compensation, growth opportunities, professional development, and benefits. Compensation based on experience and qualifications.
The job is for an immediate hire for a large scale construction project in the DC area.
Job Description: Responsible for organizing, and coordination of the company health and safety program, and site-specific safety plan. It is expected that employee will be responsible for maintaining clear communication with field staff and management. Candidates local to the DC Metro Area preferred. No Per Diem will be provided.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Client safety requirements
- Preparing Job Hazard Analyses
- Conducting documented safety inspections of work activities
- Performing daily safety meetings
- Assisting in Incident Case Management to control OSHA recordables and lost time injuries
- Conducting near-miss, accident and incident investigations
- Ensuring the proper use of PPE
- Assisting with permitting procedures and preparation
- Basic Safety Training
- Reporting to project management as requested
REQUIRED Experience and Certifications:
Minimum five (5) years site safety management experience. OSHA 30 and one of the following…BS in Safety Management, CSP or CHST.
Preferred Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be able to meet physical requirements, including the ability to climb ladders, negotiate construction work sites, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- OSHA 510
- Knowledge of safe work practices, OSHA reporting and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Record keeping and injury management skills
- First aid & CPR certification
- Competent Person Training for fall protection, confined spaces, scaffolding, silica dust, etc.
Hawkeye Safety is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.