Lagan US Aviation and Infrastructure is a third-generation family owned general contractor specializing in airfield construction within the US and Caribbean. We have successfully completed airfield projects for Ronald Reagan National Airport, Minot Air Force Base, NASA Wallops Fight Facility, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Biggs Army Airfield, Andrews Air Force Base, and Farmville Regional Airport.
We have an immediate need for a full-time Safety Engineer for the Terminal A and General AviationApron Pavement Rehabilitation Project for Ronald Reagan National Airport.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications.
• Five years safety experience in construction
• One year of which must be in a safety role on an active airfield (AOA)
• Must have experience with paving, both concrete and hot mix asphalt, and excavations
• Must have completed the OSHA Outreach 30-hr Construction Course• Possess a current First Aid/CPR/AED card
• Be able to work some night shifts• Possess a current driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Be able to work 10 to 12-hour shifts when required
Preferred candidates will also:
• Possess a certification such as CHST or ASP
• Possess a current OSHA 500 card
• Be bilingual in English and Spanish
• Be fluent in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Have familiarity with ISO 45001 or ANSI Z-10 certifications
• Be familiar with EM-385 and NAVFAC construction regulations
Safety Engineer duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting daily safety briefings, weekly toolbox talks, and safety trainings
• Performing and documenting safety inspections
• Communicating effectively with employees, supervisors, managers, and customers
• Performing incident investigations and writing reports
• Recognizing hazards and risks, and suggesting corrective actions
Lagan US offers a competitive salary with bonus eligibility, 401K, liberal paid time off, travel opportunities for other projects, and use of a company vehicle. The current project will go through November 2020. Lagan strives to retain personnel from project to project and will do so, if at all possible.
For immediate consideration send your resume to Dan Souders at email@example.com. Please ensure your resume clearly shows at least the minimum qualifications mentioned above.