What you’ll do
As the Regional Safety Manager, you will ensure all safety requirements are met in the field and at all facilities by managing and coordinating all safety activities and personnel. This position is based in Dulles, VA with travel to all eastern regional projects.
- You’ll conduct safety audits and inspections and recommend correction of hazardous situations for compliance with regulatory, Company and owner requirements. You will develop and provide reports and presentations for safety briefings with company management.
- You’ll have a key role in providing strategic and proactive direction on initiatives that will improve company Environmental, Health and Safety performance through minimizing risks and liabilities.
- You’ll implement all aspects of the corporate safety manual and ensure that all field employees and subcontractors are complying. You’ll make sure to ensure consistency and will oversee and direct programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and internal policies.
- You’ll provide guidance for departmental processes and activities including compliance with safety regulations and the investigation of accidents; provides leadership and recommendations regarding the design, implementation and administration of all safety-relative initiatives, policies, procedures and processes.
What you’ll need to be successful
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring a team and have the ability to encourage others to succeed.
- You enjoy finding great safety talent and don’t shy away from recruiting efforts to help bring good people on board
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health or Environmental Applied Sciences or related discipline required
- Certifications in CPR and First Aid preferred.
- OSHA 10hr, OSHA 30hr, OSHA 40hr training preferred.
- OSHA 500, CHST or ASP certifications preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of health and safety management systems; OSHA CFR 1926 standards or the state construction safety regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer-service and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills-experience with Microsoft Office suite and ability to access OSHA information via the internet.
If you’re someone with a true passion for our industry, we’re looking for you! At Southland, we seek people that don’t just follow a career path, but blaze their own. People who want to apply innovation to their problem solving and embrace the concept of full collaboration between disciplines work at Southland.
We appreciate the spirit of integrity and entrepreneurialism with which our people act, and have learned that the more opportunity we allow our employees, the greater the results. Each part of our business is interconnected and requires input from others, which has led to the collaborative setting from which we thrive. Join our team and become a part of an organization that values work-life balance, community, and exceptional quality of work.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses