Career Opportunity: Manager – Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries is looking to hire a Manager – Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) that has solid background with environment policy. This position is located in Washington, D.C. and reports to the VP of Global Government Relations.
The Manager – EHS leads IPC’s environmental, health and safety (EHS) advocacy in North America. In this role, he or she shall work with IPC’s North American Government Relations Committee, the EHS Committee and IPC’s larger membership to develop a robust environmental policy agenda and a plan to achieve that agenda. To this end, the Manager for Environmental policy will help represent IPC before policymakers and with industry coalitions. In addition to advocacy, this position will be responsible for providing the membership updates and analyses on pertinent EHS developments through online communications, events and one-on-one engagement.
- Help develop, in coordination with IPC’s GR and EHS Committees, the EHS policy priorities of the electronics industry.
- Educate Executive and Legislative Branch policy makers regarding the concerns and priorities of the industry.
- Draft letters and memorandums to members on a variety of environmental or legislative topics and identify opportunities for IPC and its members to engage government officials through hearings, roundtable discussions and other meetings.
- Help manage day-to-day EHS activities of IPC’s outside consultants.
- Maintain relationships with industry peers and help manage IPC’s participation in North American coalitions.
- Manage, in coordination with IPC’s VP for Global Government Relations, IPC’s participation and investments in industry organizations and coalitions.
- Represent the industry at stakeholder and government meetings and provide regular member communication and issue research/analysis.
- Maintain relationships with IPC’s North American members and develop EHS solutions to meet their needs. Assist IPC members in complying with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Facilitate the work of the EHS Steering Committee, and other committees, including participation in monthly conference calls and presentation of policy areas of responsibility.
- Plan and oversee meetings and conferences in and outside Washington, DC to educate IPC members on relevant and timely EHS issues.
- Support planning for IMPACT Washington, DC.
- Work closely with IPC staff and standards development committees to develop standards that reflect public policy developments.
- Research and draft articles on a broad variety of EHS topics for several member communications including monthly EHS & GR newsletters.
- Maintain and update the EHS portion of the IPC website.
- A least 3 years of experience working in government relations and/or the electronics industry.
- Background in environmental policy and/or chemical or electrical engineering required.
- Creative problem-solving and an ability to facilitate consensus on complex issues.
- Confident networker, interlocutor and public speaker.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience working on Capitol Hill or in the Executive Branch in a policymaking role a plus.
- Experience working in or closely with industry associations a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestically and potentially abroad, about 25-30%
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite, NetSuite a plus