2019-7824 – Environmental Engineer
Peraton is seeking an Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist in Greenbelt, Maryland to support our Goddard Space Flight Center customer for the Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) Program. The selected individual will implement a system safety approach in which developing, testing, flight support, ground operations, maintenance, and operational activities are assessed for hazards, and risk mitigation strategies are implemented to assure personnel and property are protected from injury or harm.
What you’ll do…
Provide EHS guidance to various projects within the contract.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, NASA, and industry standards, including: OSHA, EPA, MDE, NFPA, ANSI.
- Coordinate with project leads to develop project-specific EHS plans, permits, and other documents related to lifting devices and equipment, laser safety, SPCC, stormwater, hazardous waste, and RF protection.
- Conduct human engineering assessments and make recommendations for remedial actions.
- Maintain emergency preparedness plans and coordinate emergency drills and exercises.
- Support and conduct EHS audits and inspections.
- Develop and provide contract-specific EHS training, educational, and awareness training.
- Evaluate work processes for hazards and risk factors. Propose mitigation strategies.
- Report to SCNS EHS Manager on weekly activities including, task order EHS support status, safety mishaps, EHS metrics, reports and plans delivered to the customer.
- Prepare incident reports and perform root cause corrective action analysis of mishaps.
- Develop and revise EHS related programs and policies as necessary.
You’d be a great fit if you have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, Science, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional EHS experience.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Excellent written, oral, coaching, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills within all levels of an organization.
- Experience implementing EHS Management Systems (OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001).
- Knowledge of NASA, federal, state, and industry standards.
- Availability to travel up to 25%.
- The ability to lift up to 25 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical and chemical agents.
It’d be even better if you have…
- RCRA, CSP, or CIH Certification.
- Non-ionizing radiation experience (laser and radiofrequency safety).
- Fall protection competent person training.
- Lifting Devices and Equipment experience.
- Familiarity with NASA Procedural Requirements, work instructions, and directives.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
SECURITY CLEARANCE This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.