Interested candidates should email Carla Perrine email@example.com
Location: Washington DC, Metropolitan Area
Manganaro Midatlantic, LLC is currently searching for a hard-working and knowledgeable safety professional to take on the Safety Manager role. The Safety Manager will report directly to the Safety Director. The Safety Manager ensures that all workers on all projects have a safe workplace and are following safety guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Have thorough knowledge of safety regulations and company safety policy. Clearly and effectively communicate to foremen and workforce in field. Interact with foremen and workers to promote positive safety culture.
- Conduct frequent and regular jobsite inspections to ensure safety of workers and subcontractors
- Audit foremen and supervision to ensure compliance to safety policy
- Implement and enforce disciplinary program
- Identify and recommend solutions to hazardous/potentially hazardous situations with field managers and foremen.
- Advise and consent safety plans and practices proposed by project and field managers. Assist with hazard assessment as needed.
- Have duty and authority to immediately suspend any operation or activity that is Imminent Danger or IDLH.
- Train and educate foremen and workers as needed.
- Investigate accidents and injuries to help determine root causes and find practical solutions
- Collaborate and develop relationships with other contractors, safety professionals, and clients to facilitate positive and safe work environment
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- B.S. in Occupational Safety and Health, or
- At least 3-years prior experience as safety professional
- Drug Free
- Clean driving record
- Fluency or proficiency in communication in Spanish a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations
- Familiar with EM-385, State and local regulations, ANSI standards, etc.
- Technologically competent (using computers, handheld devices)
The position requires frequent work on construction sites. As such, the individual is subject to varying outdoor weather temperatures and conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. Despite the position’s central focus on safety, construction sites are considered high-hazard workplaces by nature.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently walk and stand for long periods of time and is exposed to adverse field conditions. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is anticipated throughout the week. Hours in the field between multiple jobsite in the Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virgina Area can be anticipated at approximately 80% of the time. The remaining 20% of the time could in the office.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8 to 10 hours core hours. Occasional evenings and possible weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Manganaro Midatlantic, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.