Safety Specialist – Infrastructure – Full-time – Washington, D.C.Washington, DC
- Actively observe and provide feedback around the crew’s work to eliminate at-risk behavior, identify safety issues and help ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Perform injury management including minor first aid, incident root cause investigation and reporting, return to work as needed.
- Conduct daily inspections of job sites actively observing and providing feedback around the crew’s work, tools, and equipment to eliminate hazards and identify at-risk behavior; advise on and help ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Take an active role in the planning of upcoming work on the site to help the team identify potential safety issues and solutions.
- Assist with developing, conducting, and documenting the job site safety orientations for all new team members, subcontractors, and other appropriate vendors, visitors, etc.
- Establish emergency planning with project management, including identifying and arranging local emergency and healthcare services, identifying warning signals, evacuation assembly points, and escape routes.
- Develop and set up systems to ensure proper handling of all Hazardous Material Including proper use, storage, shipment, spill control and cleanup, and disposal.
- Ensure compliance with all Safety or Environmental requirements per state and federal regulations.
- Perform periodic industrial hygiene and environmental sampling.
- Participate in the corporate safety audit (X-ray) process and the follow-up required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree. (Safety field preferred)
- Four or more years of experience in workplace safety in the construction industry is preferred.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certification required.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- CHST, OHST, STS, CSP, EMT certifications a plus.
- A background in physical therapy is a plus.
- Travel is required
Cianbro is an employee-owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.